July 9 2014

There was a special visit today from Sophie, Countess of Wessex who was opening the new sensory room.  We all waited upstairs in the Activity Room while she had a tour of the hospital and the sensory room.  While we were waiting H was looking all around her, tracking people across the room.  She looked around her chair several times at someone waving at her.  I also noticed that she was holding her head up with no support.  This happened several times.  She also managed to lift her head up herself as well!!  The Countess talked to every person in the room.  She seems very nice.  There was a nice cake as well!

Had a bit of a weird time with one of the Sisters today.  She approached me saying that she had spoken to some of Helen's friends and they told her that H was interested in reading the bible from cover to cover and learning more about Nazism!  I was taken aback by this as she has never been really interested in religion and would be more likely to use the pages for a roll-up filter than actually read it.  I expressed my concerns to the Clinical Director, who has promised to look into it.  She said that there had been concerns about someone who was maybe overstepping the mark a bit. 

What I love about HC is that I feel I can approach even the highest people with any concerns I have and that they deal with it promptly and efficiently.  Even if it's something that is on my mind or something that I am thinking about for H to improve her life, they will consider it and weigh up whether it will be beneficial for her or not.

Helen's Hope: July 9 2014

Wednesday 9 July 2014

July 9 2014

There was a special visit today from Sophie, Countess of Wessex who was opening the new sensory room.  We all waited upstairs in the Activity Room while she had a tour of the hospital and the sensory room.  While we were waiting H was looking all around her, tracking people across the room.  She looked around her chair several times at someone waving at her.  I also noticed that she was holding her head up with no support.  This happened several times.  She also managed to lift her head up herself as well!!  The Countess talked to every person in the room.  She seems very nice.  There was a nice cake as well!

Had a bit of a weird time with one of the Sisters today.  She approached me saying that she had spoken to some of Helen's friends and they told her that H was interested in reading the bible from cover to cover and learning more about Nazism!  I was taken aback by this as she has never been really interested in religion and would be more likely to use the pages for a roll-up filter than actually read it.  I expressed my concerns to the Clinical Director, who has promised to look into it.  She said that there had been concerns about someone who was maybe overstepping the mark a bit. 

What I love about HC is that I feel I can approach even the highest people with any concerns I have and that they deal with it promptly and efficiently.  Even if it's something that is on my mind or something that I am thinking about for H to improve her life, they will consider it and weigh up whether it will be beneficial for her or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home